In 2007, King Mechanical Specialty added a temperature and humidity-controlled instrument laboratory to its facility, allowing us to offer calibration and certification services for pressure instruments.
In 2011, our calibration laboratory was accredited to ISO/IEC-17025:2005 by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). This accreditation means that our lab meets all requirements of ISO/IEC-17025:2005, as well as A2LA’s additional requirements. Our accreditation also incorporates the quality management system requirements of ISO-9001/9002.
What does our accreditation mean to our customers?
It means that:
- Our instrument technicians have the training, qualifications, and experience to perform accurate, reliable calibrations and certifications.
- Our equipment is properly calibrated and maintained.
- We use appropriate testing procedures to deliver valid test results.
- Our measurements are traceable to national and international standards.
- We use accurate recording and reporting procedures.
We maintain our accreditation through annual assessments conducted by A2LA, by participation in proficiency testing through outside laboratories and our own in-house testing, and by continuous improvement in our quality management system.
Instrumentation & Valve Automation Services
At King Mechanical Specialty we take pride in assiting our customers with specialized and custom solutions for their process control requirements. We provide quality built instrumentation and valve automation for all markets that require measurement and control, including gas, liquid, pressure, temperature or level. We’re here to assist you in selecting the right products for your application. Our knowledgeable sales and engineering staff will help you determine if your process requires special metals, fill fluids, or electrical requirements.
Our services includes but are not limited to:
- Valve Automation: Electric, Pneumatic, Positioning, Springs
- Instrument Diagram Seal Assemblies, including stainless steel, Monel, Inconel, Hastelloy, Tantalum, Titanium
- Instrument Capillary Tube Assemblies
- Gauge Plate Assemblies
- Liquid fill for gauges will dampen the pressures to prevent premature wear. Fills include Silicone, Glycerin, Halocarbon and High Temp Silicone
- Current to Pressure/Analog to Digital converters
- Temperature Sensors and Thermowells
Valve Testing and Repair Services
King Mechanical Specialty provides testing and repair services for most valves and actuators, including Fisher and Masoneilan. Our depth of experience and expertise assures you receive reliable results and quick turn-around on all of your testing and repair needs. King Mechanical Specialty is a single source for repair, testing, parts and new valves.
- Inspection, repair, testing, & documentation of rack & pinion, scotch yoke, diaphragm, linear, & vane actuators.
- Repair, recalibration, and documentation to ASME standards. On-site calibration and in-shop repair and calibration provided using state-of-the-art equipment & procedures by factory authorized service technicians.
- Safety & relief Valve testing to ASME standards.
- Repair of industrial valves.
- OEM valve parts and new valve sales.
- Instrument calibration and certification.
- Pressure gauge, diaphragm seal and capillary assemblies by factory certified technicians.
Eliminate malfunctioning valves from the equation and avoid inefficient plant operations, potential downtime and safety risks.
To learn more about our testing and repair services, call us at (812) 853-8301