In 2007, King Mechanical Specialty added a temperature and humidity-controlled instrument laboratory to its facility, allowing us to offer calibration and certification services for pressure instruments.
In 2011, our calibration laboratory was accredited to ISO/IEC-17025:2005 by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). This accreditation means that our lab meets all requirements of ISO/IEC-17025:2005, as well as A2LA’s additional requirements. Our accreditation also incorporates the quality management system requirements of ISO-9001/9002.
What does our accreditation mean to our customers?
It means that:
- Our instrument technicians have the training, qualifications, and experience to perform accurate, reliable calibrations and certifications.
- Our equipment is properly calibrated and maintained.
- We use appropriate testing procedures to deliver valid test results.
- Our measurements are traceable to national and international standards.
- We use accurate recording and reporting procedures.
We maintain our accreditation through annual assessments conducted by A2LA, by participation in proficiency testing through outside laboratories and our own in-house testing, and by continuous improvement in our quality management system.